Happy Christmas Q1 2011

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Clothing In Tray. Sigh.
Ever mentally flagged something to do in your head as "soon"? I'm in that camp, and I'm sure you monstrous bunch of wastrels are too. In my galaxy it transpires that "soon" equates to "over 3 months". Selected highlights from my "soon" list:

  1. Fix the cold tap in the bathroom. Although am now quite adept at brushing my teeth and rinsing before my gums are melted away by the hot tap.
  2. Fix the flashing alarm outside of my house. Every night is rave strobe light night in my street. Just add fog and reach for the lasers like its 1992.
  3. Consolidate washed clothing from the various "staging areas" around my house and organise into a military grade ironing operation.
  4. Purchase sowing kit so I can repair the now increasing items busted of clothing I have stuffed into the magazine trays on my uber computing area.
  5. Generally attempt to move my house away from looking like a piece of concept art for Fallout 4.

Joy to the world, however, that migrating away from my "soon" list to the "omg-I-can't-believe-I-haven't-done-this-yet-lets-get-this-on-the-go-right-now" list is THIS... my Christmas mix for the SHA Podcast. In this season of belated goodwill, I shall briefly point you in the direction of http://zeroseven.info/. Here you can find the SHA Podcasts amongst a variety of musical postings, competitions and a video highlights reel of Kilmarnock vs Hibernian (http://zeroseven.info/testpage/).

Plugging aside, here is the mix! It opens with slick intertwining deep Progressive, shifting into some robotic dark funk in the middle of the set before getting emotional with the synths for a driving ending. If that isn't enough to sell the mix to you, my own personal trumpet blowing high points:

  • Trentemoller's mournful Sycamore Feeling finishing off the deep intro, everything weaving together like nature intended, the blends between tracks invisible.
  • Dropping in the Carl Craig c2 mix of Membrane. The two tracks straddling this mix turn a deep dark house number into a real key drop of a Progressive monster. This track selection was brought to you by the word "DOOM".
  • Guy J - Esperanza (Sistema Remix) - DESTROY.
And that's all you get from me, you'll have to experience the rest yourself. Embarking on a 3000 word self congratulation essay isn't really a good look anyway.

Go. Go listen. I have to go do ironing and other fascinating shit. 

SHA Podcast - 7th Mix Of Christmas from fourfourfun at Letsmix.com
SHA Podcast - 7th Mix Of Christmas from fourfourfun at Letsmix.com.
 

DISCLAIMER: I made a bobbins of the track splits, hopefully I can fix that ... "soon".