the slow decline

Thursday, 7 April 2011

Being over 30 and having had several drink related falls resulting in cranial distress, I fear I am starting to lose my grip on things. A recent exchange at a generic eatery bears this out:

44f: *orders tasty noms*
Lady: *brings tray of incorrect items*
44f: *starts to verbalise a "Hey! This is not the meat I am looking for!" interjection*
Lady: "Oh I am sorry, I've brought you completely the wrong order, let me just get the right one..."
44f: *mentally composes a "Don't worry about it, totally fine!" response*

*pause*

44f: "TWO"

At that point I internally cringed, walked off and ate my lunch away from the other collection of meatbags in the establishment.

Further to this, my boss recently described an exchange with me trying to arrange some travel arrangements as like listening to the verbal version of Inception.

The sooner people just communicate in binary, the better.